Sunday, July 24, 2011

Mindo!

Am getting ready to head over to the bus station to head back to Yunguilla from Mindo. What a great town this is! Yesterday after posting I had pizza and a pineapple batido (milk and the juice from a pineapple) for dinner and then headed back to the hostal. The two guys working at the hostal were outside playing guitar, so I hung out with them and we went out dancing later in the evening. Latin guys are a bit crazy, but we had a good time!

At the butterfly house with banana on my finger to attract the butterflies!

This morning I had breakfast at the hostal and then went to the butterfly garden about 3km away from the "downtown". I took a taxi there, but walked on the way back, and now my legs are covered in bug bites because I´m wearing shorts! The altitude here is only 1,200m, so it was warm all day yesterday (including at night) and actually quite hot today! The lights went out when I was using the Internet at another cafe, and the Copa America final between Uruguay and Paraguay is currently on, so I´m not sure what people are going to do! I had a chicken sandwhich and fried plaintains for lunch with maracuya (some type of fruit I hadn´t tried yet) juice. Time to head back to Yunguilla now--hasta luego!

 Beautiful butterfly!

 Incredible brownie and chocolate ice cream after yesterday´s chocolate tour!

Mindo´s main park--I think it´s going to rain later this afternoon based on the clouds in the distance!

No comments:

Post a Comment