Saturday, June 18, 2011

I´m here!

Just a quick post to say that I´ve made it to Quito! Woke up at 4 this morning after only 3 hours of sleep, Dad took me to the airport and after a short delay due to a thunderstorm (Indiana weather never rests), I was off to Miami. Ashleigh, Ben and their dad greeted me at the airport and we went back to their condo for brunch! Miami/Coral Gables is beautiful and brunch was great! My flight for Quito left at 2pm and I got here at 5pm (Quito is 1 hour behind Indy). I´m pretty sure it´s safe to say that taxi drivers are universally crazy drivers. Mine did his job though, and got me to my hotel in La Mariscal (the toursity area of the city) quickly and safely. My room is cute--2 twin beds, a private bathroom and a TV. After settling in, I walked down the block to call home and then headed off for dinnner at Mama Clorinda, a cute little restaurant that serves Ecuadorian food, although mainly to foreigners (I had to fight for the waiter to speak to me in Spanish). I had llapingachos (cornmeal cakes with cheese inside of them) with chicken and avocado. Pretty good! Now I´m on my way back to the hotel because I´m functioning on way too little sleep and need to be rested for my journey to Yunguilla tomorrow via public transportation. Wish me and my luggage luck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment